Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall 2013 Blog Entry #8

Ever read The Host, a novel by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer? Well, I have decided to work on my project of creating a watercolor drawing version of the lovely 19-year-old Irish actress Saoirse Ronan (The Lovely Bones, Hanna) as Melanie Stryder/Wanda from The Host film adaptation. Here is my finished project that I have been working on for at least 2 weeks until now. The one below the original image of Wanda herself was done by Adobe Illustrator.



It was very difficult for me to make the shadowy and bright-light facial details as accurate as the real Saoirse Ronan image above. I had to draw a lot of random black and brown lines with the pencil tool to make up the wavy hairlines of Melanie/Wanda. Then, I use the brush stroke tool to paint over the hairlines with a huge black blob to make up a big shadow underneath her hair. The details that I thought were easy are those glowy light-blue eyes which represents that the parasitic alien is controlling Melanie's human body. The background with the linear gradient colors in this Illustrator image is, I would say, the color background that I came up with as if to differentiate it from the other image it was based off from.
Overall, I am proud to have completed this watercolor drawing of a movie celebrity with the Illustrator program. It felt like the one time that I created a watercolor drawing of my sister, Christine Mayuga, with the same Adobe program last year. I picked Saoirse Ronan because I thought she was one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen next to Emma Watson.

No comments:

Post a Comment