Tuesday, July 26, 2016

My Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society T-Shirt Design


Since I have been writing too many blog posts about movies, I thought I would like to share this to prove how much of a brilliant graphic designer I am since attending George Mason 2 years ago. I am currently enrolled in the Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society, which consists of people with disabilities such as autism and hearing impairments. There is a t-shirt design contest that will go on until next August, the start of Fall Semester. I thought it would be most respectful if I could design one of my own since I am a DAPi member.
The design I had made for one of the t-shirts prior to submission for voting, it's a set of words spelling out "Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society," positioned to the right in a staircase-like manner, as a way to symbolize the message that when you take one step at a time, you are on a path to success when accomplishing your desired goal. The typeface for these DAPi letters are in a Charter format, and "George Mason University" (capitalized to express its strong contribution to the honor society) and "Honor Society" are both PT Sans typefaces for simpler and cheap uses. I applied them with dark green, dark blue, and mild yellow colors. In addition to that, I created several black lines with the square tool before carefully aligning them with the "Delta", "Alpha", "Pi", and "Honor Society" evenly as though they are the steps that form a staircase. I've increased the size of D, A, and P letters to slightly bigger to display like some kind of an acronym, while living the other letters to each the first capitalized letters all lowercase with some kerning and leading altered to provide tiny gaps and eliminating any sign of tightness among the letters.

So there you have it. My very own DAPi t-shirt design, not having any logos already used which is copyright-protected. It's better than just applying the official DAPi logo that would have been a challenge for me since I can't change any details that are already perfect as it is. My design may not end up as the winning one, but at least it'll be respectfully nominated by the deciding voters of the t-shirt design contest, whether or not that will happen. Got to be prepared for the next (and penultimate) semester at George Mason University, even if I was just having such a relaxing summer break!

No comments:

Post a Comment