Monday, September 10, 2012

Blog 02 Assignment


This is my very own 6-panel comic book strip back in summer 2007. It is called "Adam's Fruitful Adventure." It was done by colored pencils after I used a pencil to draw the designs before using a black pen to trace over them to help make the details stand out perfectly. I made this as an art project for my cartooning teacher at IFTA (Institute for the Arts), Chris Klinke. This comic strip has a very funny ending despite the scene transition being a little "abrupt," which satisfied Mr. Klinke and my parents as well.




Thanks to my excellent drawing skills, I was able to make a perfect sketch of 3 cans, 1 rubix cube, and 1 big Honeydukes jellybeans glass jar that my family and I got from the Universal Studios' The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. I made this sketch drawing out of a number of graphite pencils, with some messy details edited for better realism. It was made as a drawing assignment for Prof. Rebecca Freeman's Art 121 class during my 1st semester at NOVA Loudon Campus last year. It took me at least an hour or two to draw these items in all 5 sketches as told by my drawing teacher. Sure was a bit of hard work, but at least I drew them in an amazing way.




This is my collaborative painting done by me and the other two students, Tori and Andrew Smith. It is our very last art project during the final week of Dr. Joan Giampa's art design class in my summer semester. If not for those two siblings, I would have gotten to work on these details at a time by working on the painting of two people walking along the hills back at my house, while Tori & Andrew work on the other two pictures before coming to class. It is amazing how 3 of the paintings were all pieced together like it was puzzle. These pictures all share a major theme of calm and peaceful nature, as well as sharing the same 6 primary colors in the blue-green color family.



No comments:

Post a Comment