Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fall 2013 Blog Entry #12


Last week on Sunday, my mom and I went to the National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C. for my art history museum project of Dr. Barbara Lash's Art 102 class. The certain types of artwork (painting or sculpture) that we were supposed to find are Italian Renaissance, Northern Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, Romantic, Neoclassic, Impressionistic, Post-Impressionistic, Surrealistic, Cubic, Dada, Pop, and an artwork from the last 20 years.
It wasn't a bit easy to find a work of art from a specific period even with a map or guide. But with the help of my mom's iPad, I was able to research the art style that matches with the gallery section somewhere in the building. We have already found the paintings of Impressionism, Neoclassic, Baroque, and Renaissance. Around 4 PM, dad came along searching for me and mom. Later, we started having difficulty looking for the last remaining artworks in the East Building. However, my parents and I finally found the paintings of the Dadatic, Expressionistic, and Cubic periods. We were unfortunately not able to find another specific example of Surrealism except finding one in Spain of our recent summer vacation from last year. It was decided that I would use the Salvadore Dali painting of last year as an example for my museum project paper, with permission from my art history teacher.

These are the works of art that I found in the National Gallery of Sunday the 10th:


          
                                The Japanese Footbridge (1899),                             The Feast of the Gods (1514-1529), 
                                             Claude Monet                                                         Giovanni Bellini & Titian


          
                                     Organization (1933-1936),                                  Painting with Statue of Liberty (1983), 
                                             Arshile Gorky                                                                 Roy Lichenstein

No comments:

Post a Comment