Friday, November 29, 2013

Fall 2013 Blog Entry #14

This is a photo from last February

For this Thanksgiving weekend, I want to give an update on my final project for Ms. Sowa's Computer Graphics II class. As of this Tuesday, I have finished recording the video clips for me to use Adobe After Effects to put them together in a 2-minute long video. Depending on the amount of data storage each footage (either from a handheld Sony camcorder or from my iPhone) contains.
Three weeks ago, I made a proposal that I would like to make a video featuring my eight Transformers movie Autobot figures presented as the "Chicago heroes," which is based on my vision of the Chicago Battle aftermath. I was disappointed with the abrupt ending of 2011's Transformers: Dark of the Moon, in which I feel like making a message to remind Michael Bay and the moviemakers of how I would have expected the third TF movie to end when a huge Avengers-style battle in a populated city was over. The heroic background music playing is from last summer's Battleship movie, provided by fellow music composer from the Transformers movie franchise Steve Jablonsky. My video would later end with my Optimus Prime and Bumblebee action figures holding a paper to announce the anticipated fourth movie Transformers: Age of Extinction, expected to be in theaters next summer.

Speaking of "abrupt ending," I also made a video (last recorded on 11/21/2011) of my Optimus Prime toy with an ending speech that includes an EXTRA line to really make the TF movie threequel "go out with a bang" (though, not literally). His "voice" is my impersonated voice for Optimus, actually. While this is not for my final art project, I just want to conclude this post by making a joking suggestion of what would've made the Transformers: Dark of the Moon ending more "fresh-like" and really going back to the roots of his previous ending speeches of the first two (his first ending speech is my favorite).


"In any war, there are calms between storms. There will be days when we lose faith, days when our allies turn against us. But the day will never come that we forsake this planet and its people. I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message to the universe: We are here, we are home."

No comments:

Post a Comment