Sunday, February 9, 2014

Quick Review of 'The LEGO Movie'


Last night, I watched The LEGO Movie with my mom and dad at Fairfax Corner. I have to say, in the words of Emmett… AWESOME! This is like no other CGI-animated LEGO Movie! Except this time, the characters look MORE THAN JUST "CGI characters"! They look VERY REAL, like this could've been a stop-motion animated movie (except it would take like days, weeks, months or years, etc.!)! Unlike the 4 Bionicle movies and the Ninjago TV series! I believe this is like now my favorite animated movie of 2014 and deserves an Oscar nomination!
The humor is well-done and ridiculously laugh-out-loud funny! The voice acting is cleverly handled perfectly! Chris Pratt is so funny as Emmett! Now I can see why my sister and my parents think he is hilarious in the NBC TV show Parks & Recreation! He is definitely on the right track to become a recognizable star before his next film Guardians of the Galaxy this summer! Especially the bada** Will Arnett as everyone's favorite DC hero Batman! "I only work in black! And sometimes very, very dark gray!" Oh, and don't forget Charlie Day as Benny the 1980s space guy! He is SOOOOO GOSHDARN FUNNY!!! "Spaceship! Spaceship!" I officially like Charlie Day now after seeing him as Art in Monsters University and Newt Geiszler in Pacific Rim! And this movie's got many Lego characters on the big screen as a major role or a cameo! I am so glad that I bought almost every Lego toy figure that appeared in this movie! Especially Superman (Channing Tatum) and Wonder Woman (Cobie Smulders)! But there are some amazing twists and surprises that I didn't expect, regarding what the entire Lego world was like outside and the purpose of the "Piece of Resistance"!
Thanks to the $69 million opening record, I cannot wait to expect the LEGO Movie sequel to be made hence the ending with the toddler-based Lego Duplo toy figures! Just as long as it retains the charm and humor from the 1st movie!



No comments:

Post a Comment