Friday, September 2, 2016

Welcome to Game Design at George Mason!

Image taken from Gaming Blog


*Sighs* So here I am. Back at George Mason after my LOOONG summer break. Only this time, the Critical Theory of Arts and Package Design classes aren't the only subjects I'll be taking this semester. 'Cause this time, I've just got myself declared a minor in Game Design!
Where do I start? Well, after my mom and I had a brief meeting with Jeremy Tuohy two weeks ago, we agreed that it would be great if I could have game design as my new required/elective subject after I am using up a lot of required classes for graphic design. At the same time however, it was decided that I may have to have one more school year prior to graduation and my earning in the BFA degree. Specifically, instead of May 2017, my graduation date would now have to be May 2018 which is two years from now.
I have already entered my new semester as of Aug. 29th, and so far, I seem to be having a good time if not so easily challenged by the new subjects I now have to deal with. Of all the game design classes, they are History of Game Design (GAME 230-001; Seth Hudson), Basic Game Design (GAME 210-004; Josiah Lebowitz), and Sound and Music for Film and Video (GAME 250-001; Thomas Stanley). While these classes have these intriguing gaming details, what concerns me more are the upcoming assignments and forthcoming deadlines of projects or inevitable quizzes and tests. But with some helpful assistance and advice from my trustworthy teachers and my beloved mother, I hope that I will have no problem accomplishing all five of these subjects in one entire semester before I would be ready for the holidays! I better not let them down!

No comments:

Post a Comment