Monday, September 9, 2013

Fall 2013 Blog Entry #3


Prepared to be amazed by another one of my art masterpieces. Just like the pastel drawing from my last post two weeks ago, this was done in the same classroom during my summer school year of 2009 at IFTA. The ancient Egyptian pyramids in this drawing reminds me of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, a Michael Bay-directed blockbuster sequel to the 2007 live-action Transformers movie. I have used a lot of charcoal to make some dark, shadowy details to match with the sunset over the pyramids. This is apparently my favorite artwork of IFTA 2009 at Robinson Secondary School. The orange sky is what made this the most beautiful pastel drawing that I have ever made.
I thought of the pyramids as my next pastel drawing assignment after completing the previous projects. My teacher doesn't seem to mind, apparently. First, I lightly drew the blueprint designs on a large construction paper with my regular pencil. To make the pyramids more realistic and three-dimensional, I used my finger to rub off the charcoal dust and then use the pastels to color the details. Drawing the pyramids was very easy for me; it is as though I seem to have remembered where they are placed in. The charcoal part is very challenging, because I use as many charcoal sticks as possible to make the ground completely black. Later, I drew a local person riding on a camel, looking at the three pyramids standing next to each other.
The Egyptian pyramid drawing is currently picture-framed on the wall of the family room in my house. My parents were always impressed with my amount of work when I took IFTA every summer from 2007-2011. Egypt is where I wish to go visit there someday, as it was used as a major filming location for the final scenes of Transformers 2. It seems too bad that I might not go there, probably due to international problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment