Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall 2013 Blog Entry #5

This is my first Computer Graphics II art project at Ms. Jocelyn Sowa's class of this year's Fall Semester of 2013. Ms. Sowa has reminded me that I am free to make up a proposal of whichever type of project I would like to make each week, rather than work on what the other students are assigned with. This is due to the fact that I have already completed my Computer Graphics I class last year. I am thankfully relieved to hear about this.


During the second week of Ms. Sowa's computer art class, I was preparing to work on my own proposal for the next assignment. I thought about reinterpreting one of the famous art works as a handmade version of my own, with a little tweaking from one of the Adobe programs. I chose to use Adobe Illustrator to add in some colorful details to match with the accuracy and texture of "Starry Night," a beautiful art vintage painting by Vincent Van Gogh. The picture above this paragraph is the final version of my Illustrator-made Starry Night painting, completed as of September 7-8th, 2013.


This is the Starry Night painting before I reimagined it as an Adobe Illustrator drawing. It was actually from the Gerhard Gruitrooy book Van Gogh: An Appreciation of His Art, scanned by the Epson scanner at my house. The main differences between these two images above were the colors. Particularly, the lighter blue replacing the light-dark blue wavy lines on this original painting of Van Gogh. The Illustrator version has a lot of radial yellow-blue lines, made by the Gradient tool. The church-like building and other miscellaneous houses were loosely modeled after the buildings in the scanned image of Starry Night. I did not drew in some more houses, as all I drew in the Illustrator program are the floating shapes and green bushes. But I doubt the students or Ms. Sowa will mind. It took me like a while to get them to correctly match exactly as they were, compared to Vincent's work. All in all, I had a neat experience working on my first computer art project in the past 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment