Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fall 2013 Blog Entry #4


In two days, it will be my 22nd birthday this week! Presenting my "birthday blog post," students will see just how creative I am with anything that is art-related besides just drawings and computer graphic stuff. And this is one of the moments that I will never forget after graduating from high school and moving into college.
These were made at Oakton High School during my 9th grade year. Ms. Rogers, my old art teacher, lets me and the other students to make things out of clay. I made the five square shapes into a simple box, with the sixth square as a cover. On each side, there was a clown face, a star, a crescent-shaped moon, and a lightning bolt. After it was cooked in the oven, I painted the clay box with a variety of colors, including blue and yellow. But my experience working with clay art made me want to create a character from one of the works of Aardman, a British stop-motion clay animation studio that was known for Wallace & Gromit. I made a green slug from Flushed Away, the first ever CGI-animated film at Aardman, which came out in theaters during the first week of November 2006. My teacher thought it was cute. But do please disregard the mistake on the slug's left eye; it might've been stuck with my other clay art product while it was in the clay oven. It feels sad that Aardman is no longer in partnership with DreamWorks Animation after producing Chicken Run and the Oscar-winning Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.
But best of all, making things out of clay is one of the creative techniques that I have done when it comes to art. However, I wouldn't want to make everything a "messy week," since I am now more into computer art.

No comments:

Post a Comment